Peter Loso was main settlers to reach to the St. Joseph area and founded the German negotiation in August, 1854. He said section 9-10 which the Community of Saint Joseph was platted. Many others soon followed and the Township was sorted out in 1858 covering 81 square a long way. Originally called Clinton, St. Joseph attained its current name in 1870. Many settlers emerged for the land, with its fertile soils, and the opportunities America provided.
The settlers built many businesses and homes and eventually the Town was included in 1890. As the township grew, so have the needs of its individuals, and the concerns of the lawmakers. As part of their plan in the 1890's, they decided to construct a jail, install a open public well, build and repair solid wood sidewalks, and placed liquor licenses at $500 each. Fires were also problems and around 1885 the Hook and Ladder Co. No. 1 was planned, which happens to be the St. Joseph Hearth Dept.
By website the early 1900's St. Joseph was thriving with around 600 residents. Farming was starting to support the families after multiple many years of hardship because of the severe winters and the grasshopper plague of 1856. The milking machine became available in 1905 reducing enough time website to milk cows so more time could be spent on crops and pet animal care. Immediately after, World Battle 1 required many farmers to leave their homes to fight.
After the warfare ended people were able to get their lives back on track, at least for a while, before the currency markets crash in 1929. Also, at the moment, prohibition was in effect so lots of the farmers turned to making moonshine, which relatively reduced the hardships of the market crash. Using the depression effecting everyone in town, the community needed to remain together more than ever. Through a national grant, the Council could hire the jobless to help clean and maintain the Village.
On Dec 7, 1941 the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor which officially moved into the US into World Battle 2. Rationing tokens received out since many items were in short supply. At that time St. Joseph had a people of around 1050, shedding 10 heroic military to the war. The community remained strong and continuing to increase the Community, adding a water tower in 1949, along with a new Town well. In 1959, St. Joseph started out fluoridating its normal water supply, and proceeds to take action.